What is does it feel like to be born into occupation?
3pm, Concourse Room 2, ACC, Labour Party Conference, Liverpool
Join us as we explore the everyday lives of young Palestinians living in the occupied territories. We will also have a live Skype discussion where we will discuss the rights of the child and education. This debate will be part of our fringe event at the annual Labour Party Conference, which is being held in Liverpool.
Light refreshments will be provided. Our guest speakers include:
- Chris Gunness, Spokesperson for the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA).
- Professor Karma Nabulsi, Oxford University, Chair of Trustees for the Hoping Foundation.
- Mezna Qato, Palestinian Academic and Trustee at the Friends of Birzeit University.
- Fikr Shaltoot, Gaza Director, Medical Aid For Palestinians.
- Live Skype discussion with voices from the UNWRA School Parliament
Labour Friends of Palestine Annual Reception dinner
Location: Room 3A, ACC, Labour Party Conference, Liverpool
Later in the evening we will be hosting our annual reception dinner at 8:30pm, chaired by Lisa Nandy MP. Join us as we serve up some delicious Palestinian food and Taybeh beer. We will have a range of speakers who will be talking about their experiences on Palestine. Our guest speakers include:
- RT Hon Jeremy Corbyn, Leader of the Labour Party
- Emily Thornberry MP, Shadow Foreign Secretary
- Kate Osamor MP, Shadow International Development Secretary
- Mark McDonald, PPC Stoke-on-Trent South
- Dan Carden MP,Shadow Minister for International Development
Speakers to be confirmed and subject to change.